[ClusterLabs] Error creating a fence mechanism

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Tue Mar 22 11:36:44 UTC 2016

On 22/03/16 09:31 +0100, Tomas Jelinek wrote:
> Dne 21.3.2016 v 21:17 Douglas Restrepo napsal(a):
>> The problem what Im having is that I don't have a physical PDU, so I
>> have to simulate one.

You don't have to, there are fencing mechanism beyond power switching
(fence_ifmib for controlling data switches, fence_scsi and fence_mpath
for restricting data access to shared storage, etc.).  Admittedly,
their eligibility depends heavily on the particular environment.

>> So to remove this error and go back to the previous status I executed
>> the command
>>
>> pcs resource cleanup fence_node_01
>>
>> but now, when I execute the command
>> pcs stonith list
>>
>> Im getting the error
>> Error: unable to locate command: /usr/sbin/fence_manual
>>
>> Can someone guide me with this process?
>> I don´t know why im getting this error configuring the fence mechanism.

Unfortunately, pcs oversimplifies the execution failure.
My guess is that you are missing execution permissions:

# chmod +x /usr/sbin/fence_manual

If the problem persists, please provide output of

# ls -l /usr/sbin/fence_manual

--
Jan (Poki)