[ClusterLabs] no clone for pcs-based cluster fencing?

Devin Reade gdr at gno.org
Mon Mar 21 15:25:34 UTC 2016

--On Monday, March 21, 2016 09:22:40 AM -0500 Ken Gaillot
<kgaillot at redhat.com> wrote:

> It's actually newer pacemaker versions rather than pcs itself. Fence
> agents do not need to be cloned, or even running -- as long as they're
> configured and enabled, any node can use the resource.

Excellent.  Thanks for the confirmation.

> For fence_apc_snmp in particular, you want to use pcmk_host_map instead
> of pcmk_host_list/pcmk_host_check, to map node names to APC ports. For
> example, pcmk_host_map="nodeA:1;nodeB:2" if those are the relevant APC
> ports.

Ok, good to know.  In this case, the ports on the APC PDU are configured
to have the host (short) names, which works as well (and was the only
way that I found to make it work in the older CentOS 5 version a few
years back).  This implies that hostname(1) on the nodes also returns
the short name rather than the FQDN.

I'll keep that in mind for the future as the elimination of another
restriction.

Devin