[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: reproducible split brain

vija ar vjav78 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 17:57:03 UTC 2016

root file system is fine ...

but fencing is not a necessity a cluster shld function without it .. i see
the issue with corosync which has all been .. a inherent way of not working
neatly or smoothly ..

for e.g. take an issue where the live node is hung in db cluster .. now db
perspective transactions r not happening and tht is fine as the node is
having some issue .. now there is no need to fence this hung node but just
to switch over to passive one .. but tht doesnt happens and fencing takes
place either by reboot or shut .. which further makes the DB dirty or far
more than tht in non-recoverable state which wouldnt have happen if a
normal switch to other node as in cluster would have happened ...

i see fencing is not a solution its only required to forcefully take
control which is not the case always