[ClusterLabs] service network restart and corosync

Debabrata Pani Debabrata.Pani at mobileum.com
Wed Mar 2 21:08:14 EST 2016

Hi,

In our deployment, due to some requirement, we need to do a :
service network restart

Due to this corosync crashes and the associated pacemaker processes crash
as well.

As per the last comment on this issue,
-------
Corosync reacts oddly to that. It's better to use an iptables rule to
block traffic (or crash the node with something like 'echo c >
/proc/sysrq-trigge
--------

But other network services, like Postgres, do not crash due to this
network service restart :
	I can login to psql , issue queries, without any problem.

In view of this, I would like to understand if it is possible to prevent a
corosync (and a corresponding Pacemaker) crash ?
Since postgres is somehow surviving this restart.

Any pointer to socket-level details for this behaviour will help me
understand (and explain the stakeholders) the problems better.

Regards,
Debabrata Pani