[ClusterLabs] Default Behavior

Pavlov, Vladimir Vladimir.Pavlov at tns-global.ru
Wed Jun 29 05:00:39 EDT 2016

Thanks a lot.
We also thought to use Fencing (stonith).
But production cluster works in the cloud, node1 and node2 is virtual machines without any hardware fencing devices.
We looked in the direction of the SBR, but its use as far as we understand is not justified without shared storage in two-node cluster:
http://blog.clusterlabs.org/blog/2015/sbd-fun-and-profit
Are there any ways to do fencing?
Specifically for our situation, we have found another workaround - use DR instead of NAT in IPVS.
In the case of DR, even if both servers are active at the same time it does not matter which of them serve the connection from the client. Web servers responds to the client directly.
This workaround has a right to life?

Kind regards,

Vladimir Pavlov

Message: 2