[ClusterLabs] DC of the election will be an infinite loop.

飯田 雄介 iidayuus at intellilink.co.jp
Tue Jun 28 00:56:55 EDT 2016

Hi, all

I added two lines to comment on cib.xml using crmsh.

===
# cat test.crm
node 167772452: test-3
# comment line 1
# comment line 2
property cib-bootstrap-options: \
        have-watchdog=false \
        dc-version=1.1.14-1.el7-70404b0 \
        cluster-infrastructure=corosync
===

And was re-start the cluster, the election of the DC was to an infinite loop.

Environment
We are using the Pacemaker-1.1.14.

Where I tried to look at the log,
It looks like the handling of the comment node is not good.
It looks like the problem occurs when there are two or more lines of comment.

Problem seems to occur on or after modification of the following.
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/commit/1073786ec24f3bbf26a0f6a5b0614a65edac4301

Does this behavior is a known bug?

I will attach a crm_report of when the problem occurred.
https://github.com/yuusuke/pcmk_report/blob/master/pcmk-Tue-28-Jun-2016.tar..bz2?raw=true

Regards,
Yusuke

Metro Systems Co.,Ltd.