[ClusterLabs] design question to DRBD

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Wed Jun 22 17:17:30 EDT 2016

Von: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu>
Datum: 22.06.2016  21:23  (GMT+01:00)
An: users at clusterlabs.org
Betreff: Re: [ClusterLabs] design question to DRBD

On 06/22/2016 02:13 PM, Lentes, Bernd wrote:

> I'm thinking about starting drbd and the ocfs fs by init. I don't see the strong need having it controlled by pacemaker.
> But of course the mix is more difficult to maintain.

Are you going to use active-active drbd with a cluster filesystem?
Otherwise it'll be mounted on one node only and you can't run your
webapp on the other as documentroot etc. are not available
I'm thinking about active/active. But i think active/passive with a non-cluster fs is less complicated.
Bernd

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Dr. Alfons Enhsen, Renate Schlusen (komm.)
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 12952167