[ClusterLabs] Recovering after split-brain

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 13:37:05 EDT 2016

21.06.2016 20:27, Dimitri Maziuk пишет:
> On 06/21/2016 12:13 PM, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
>
>> You should not run pacemaker without some sort of fencing. This need not
>> be network-controlled power socket (and tiebreaker is not directly
>> related to fencing).
>
> Yes it can be sysadmin-controlled power socket. It has to be a power
> socket, if you don't trust me, read Dejan's list of fencing devices.

It can be IPMI over LAN, it can be LAN switch port shutdown, it can be
SAN switch port shutdown, it can be SCSI reservation ... it can be
absolutely anything that reliably (to the extent) cuts off victim from
shared resource.

> Tiebreaking is directly related to figuring out which of the two nodes
> is to be fenced. because neither of them can tell on its own.

You are speaking about quorum which does not substitute fencing.

>> I fail to see how heartbeat makes any difference here, sorry.
>
> Third node and remote-controlled PDU were not a requirement for
> haresources mode.

Neither is it for pacemaker. It is recommended, just as it was
recommended for heartbeat or any other cluster with shared resources.

> If I wanted to run it so that when it breaks I get to
> keep the pieces, I could.

You are free to configure pacemaker this way as well.