[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker 1.1.15 - Release Candidate 4

Ferenc Wágner wferi at niif.hu
Sun Jun 12 08:28:46 EDT 2016

Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> writes:

> With this release candidate, we now provide three sample alert scripts
> to use with the new alerts feature, installed in the
> /usr/share/pacemaker/alerts directory.

Hi,

Is there a real reason to name these scripts *.sample?  Sure, they are
samples, but they are also usable as-is, aren't they?

> The ./configure script has a new "--with-configdir" option.

This greatly simplifies packaging, thanks much!

Speaking about packaging: are the alert scripts run by remote Pacemaker
nodes?  I couldn't find described which nodes run the alert scripts.
>From the mailing list discussions I recall they are run by each node,
but this would be useful to spell out in the documentation, I think.

Similarly for the alert guarrantees: I recall there's no such thing, but
one could also think they are parts of transactions, thus having recovery
behavior similar to the resource operations.  Hmm... wouldn't such
design actually make sense?
--
Thanks,
Feri