[ClusterLabs] dovecot RA

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 10:11:50 EDT 2016

On 06/08/2016 03:26 AM, Jan Pokorný wrote:
> On 07/06/16 14:48 -0500, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
>> next question: I'm on centos 7 and there's no more /etc/init.d/<most
>> anything>. With lennartware spreading, is there a coherent plan to deal
>> with former LSB agents?
>
> Pacemaker can drive systemd-managed services for quite some time.

This is as easy as changing lsb:dovecot to systemd:dovecot.

Or, if you specify it as service:dovecot, Pacemaker will check whether
LSB, systemd or upstart is used on the local system, and call the
appropriate one.

As with LSB, don't enable systemd-managed services to start at boot, if
you want the cluster to manage them.

One issue that sometimes comes up: some scripts (some logrotate conf
files or cron jobs, for example) will call "systemctl reload
<servicename>". If the service is managed by the cluster, systemd
doesn't think it's running, so the reload will fail. You have to replace
such lines with a native reload mechanism for the service.