[ClusterLabs] Default Behavior

Pavlov, Vladimir Vladimir.Pavlov at tns-global.ru
Tue Jun 28 11:53:38 EDT 2016

Hello!
We have Pacemaker cluster of two node Active/Backup (OS Centos 6.7), with resources IPaddr2 and ldirectord.
Cluster Properties:
cluster-infrastructure: cman
dc-version: 1.1.11-97629de
no-quorum-policy: ignore
stonith-enabled: false
The cluster has been configured for this documentation: http://clusterlabs.org/quickstart-redhat-6.html
Recently, there was a communication failure between cluster nodes and the behavior was like this:

-        During a network failure, each server has become the Master.

-        After the restoration of the network, one node killing services of Pacemaker on the second node.

-        The second node was not available for the cluster, but all resources remain active (Ldirectord,ipvs,ip address). That is, both nodes continue to be active.
We decided to create a test stand and play the situation, but with current version of Pacemaker in CentOS repos, сluster behaves differently:

-        During a network failure, each server has become the Master.

-        After the restoration of the network, all resources are stopped.

-        Then the resources are run only on one node. - This behavior seems to be more logical.
Current Cluster Properties on test stand:
cluster-infrastructure: cman
dc-version: 1.1.14-8.el6-70404b0
have-watchdog: false
no-quorum-policy: ignore
stonith-enabled: false
Changed the behavior of the cluster in the new version or accident is not fully emulated?
Thank you.

Kind regards,

Vladimir Pavlov