[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker and Corosync versions compatibility

Maciej Kopczyński mmphs.b at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 21:46:01 EDT 2016

Hello,

I've been following a tutorial to set up a simple HA cluster using
Pacemaker and Corosync on CentOS 6.x while I have noticed that in the
original documentation it is stated that:

"Since pcs has the ability to manage all aspects of the cluster (both
corosync and pacemaker), it requires a specific cluster stack to be in use:
corosync 2.0 or later with votequorum plus Pacemaker 1.1.8 or later."

Here are the versions of packages installed in my system (CentOS 6.7):
pacemaker-1.1.14-8.el6.x86_64
corosync-1.4.7-5.el6.x86_64

I did not do that much of testing, but my cluster seems to be more or less
working so far, what are the compatibility issues then? What will not work
with corosync in version lower than 2.0?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

MK