[ClusterLabs] design question to DRBD

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Wed Jun 22 08:30:53 EDT 2016

Hi,

we have a two node cluster. It is running a Web-Application. Web-Application needs a MySQL Database, has static and dynamic (perlscripts) webpages.
I will make the DB HA with MySQL replication.
>From time to time it's likely that something in the webapp is changed, so we have to edit some scripts or install a perl module.
I would like have the changes automatically synchronized to the other side, without any manual intervention. And also without knowing which node is the active one.
I'm thinking about putting /srv/www and /usr/lib/perl5 on a DRBD device in an active/active webapp. For that i need a cluster FS and DLM, right ?
This should synchronize automatically in both directions ?
Do the services have to a ressource for this setup of DRBD or is it possible to have them as "normal" services, started by init.
Or is it better to have them as ressources because other services will also run in this HA-system (likely some virtual machines) ?

Thanks.

Bernd

--
Bernd Lentes

Systemadministration
institute of developmental genetics
Gebäude 35.34 - Raum 208
HelmholtzZentrum München
bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
phone: +49 (0)89 3187 1241
fax: +49 (0)89 3187 2294

Wer glaubt das Projektleiter Projekte leiten
der glaubt auch das Zitronenfalter
Zitronen falten

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Dr. Alfons Enhsen, Renate Schlusen (komm.)
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671