[ClusterLabs] Cluster administration from non-root users

Tomas Jelinek tojeline at redhat.com
Mon Jun 13 12:32:45 UTC 2016

Dne 13.6.2016 v 13:57 Auer, Jens napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to give admin rights to my clusters to non-root users. I
> have two users which need to be able to control the cluster. Both are
> members of the haclient group, and I have created acl roles granting
> write-access. I can query the cluster status, but I am unable to perform
> any commands:
> id
> uid=1000(mdaf) gid=1000(mdaf)
> groups=1000(mdaf),10(wheel),189(haclient),801(mdaf),802(mdafkey),803(mdafmaintain)
>
> pcs acl
> ACLs are enabled
>
> User: mdaf
>    Roles: admin
> User: mdafmaintain
>    Roles: admin
> Role: admin
>    Permission: write xpath /cib (admin-write)
>
> pcs cluster status
> Cluster Status:
>   Last updated: Mon Jun 13 11:46:45 2016        Last change: Mon Jun 13
> 11:46:38 2016 by root via cibadmin on MDA2PFP-S02
>   Stack: corosync
>   Current DC: MDA2PFP-S01 (version 1.1.13-10.el7-44eb2dd) - partition
> with quorum
>   2 nodes and 9 resources configured
>   Online: [ MDA2PFP-S01 MDA2PFP-S02 ]
>
> PCSD Status:
>    MDA2PFP-S01: Online
>    MDA2PFP-S02: Online
>
> pcs cluster stop
> Error: localhost: Permission denied - (HTTP error: 403)
>
> pcs cluster start
> Error: localhost: Permission denied - (HTTP error: 403)

Hi Jens,

You configured permissions to edit CIB. But it is also required to
assign permissions to use pcsd (only root is allowed to start and stop
services, so the request goes through pcsd).

This can be done using pcs web UI:
- open the web UI in your browser at https://<your node address>:2224
- login as hacluster user
- add existing cluster