[ClusterLabs] dovecot RA

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 08:26:01 UTC 2016

On 07/06/16 14:48 -0500, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> next question: I'm on centos 7 and there's no more /etc/init.d/<most
> anything>. With lennartware spreading, is there a coherent plan to deal
> with former LSB agents?

Pacemaker can drive systemd-managed services for quite some time.

Provided that the project/daemon you care about carries the unit
file, you can use that unless there are distinguished roles for the
provided service within the cluster (like primary+replicas), there's
a need to run multiple varying instances of the same service,
or other cluster-specific features are desired.

For dovecot, I can see:
# rpm -ql dovecot | grep \.service
/usr/lib/systemd/system/dovecot.service

> Specifically, should I roll my own RA for dovecot or is there one in the
> works somewhere?

If you miss something with the generic approach per above, and there's
no fitting open-sourced RA around then it's probably your last resort.

For instance, there was once an agent written in C (highly unusual),
but seems abandoned a long time ago:
https://github.com/perrit/dovecot-ocf-resource-agent

--
Jan (Poki)