[ClusterLabs] how to "switch on" cLVM ?

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Mon Jun 6 13:13:01 EDT 2016

Hi,

i'm currently establishing a two node cluster. I have a FC SAN and two hosts. My services are integrated into virtual machines (kvm). The vm's should reside on the SAN.
The hosts are connected to the SAN via FC HBA. Inside the hosts i see already the volume from the SAN. I'd like to store each vm in a dedicated logical volume (with or without filesystem in the LV).
Hosts are SLES 11 SP4. LVM2 and LVM2-clvm is installed.
How do i have to "switch on" clvm ? Is locking_type=3 in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf all which is necessary ?
In both nodes ?
Restart of the init-scripts afterwards sufficient ?
And how do i have to proceed afterwards ?
My idea is:
1. Create a PV
2. Create a VG
3. Create several LV's
And because of clvm i only have to do that on one host and the other host sees all automatically ?
Later on it's possible that some vm's run on host 1 and some on host 2. Does clvm needs to be a ressource managed by the cluster manager ?
If i use a fs inside the lv, a "normal" fs like ext3 is sufficient, i think. But it has to be a cluster ressource, right ?

Thanks in advance.

Bernd

--
Bernd Lentes

Systemadministration
institute of developmental genetics
Gebäude 35.34 - Raum 208
HelmholtzZentrum München
bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
phone: +49 (0)89 3187 1241
fax: +49 (0)89 3187 2294

Wer glaubt das Projektleiter Projekte leiten
der glaubt auch das Zitronenfalter
Zitronen falten

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Dr. Alfons Enhsen, Renate Schlusen (komm.)
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671