[ClusterLabs] can't start/stop a drbd resource with pacemaker

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Fri Jul 15 16:54:01 EDT 2016

----- Am 13. Jul 2016 um 14:25 schrieb Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com:

> "Lentes, Bernd" <bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de> writes:
>
>> Starting or stopping drbd with start/stop does not work neither for the ms
>> ressource nor for the primitive.
>> If i try to stop it keeps running. Also if i do a cleanup before (for both
>> resources).
>> Which resource should i stop first ? The primitive or the ms ?
>
> You should always act on the container, so the ms in this case (or the
> clone, or the group).

Ok.

>> I tried both, but none worked. Other resources, like an ip, can start/stop with
>> crm.
>> When i change the target-role of of the primitive via "crm configure edit" and
>> commit that, it starts/stops immediately.
>> But that can't be the prefered way to start/stop a drbd resource ?
>
> All crm resource stop <resource> does is set the target-role... so there
> is something else going on.
>

>> If you need more information ask me.
>
> You can run crm with the -d argument to get more information about what
> it does, and -dR to get a full trace of all the commands it executes.
>
> Grepping the logs on the DC node (see crm status output) will probably
> get you more hints as well.

Hi,

i found that:

crm(live)resource# scores

Current cluster status:
Online: [ sunhb58820 sunhb65277 ]

 prim_ip_hawk   (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr):        (target-role:Stopped) Stopped
 prim_fs_drbd_r0        (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem):    (target-role:Stopped) Stopped
 prim_hawk      (lsb:hawk):     Stopped
 Master/Slave Set: ms_drbd_r0 [prim_drbd_r0]
     Stopped: [ sunhb58820 sunhb65277 ]

Allocation scores:
native_color: prim_ip_hawk allocation score on sunhb58820: -INFINITY
native_color: prim_ip_hawk allocation score on sunhb65277: -INFINITY
native_color: prim_fs_drbd_r0 allocation score on sunhb58820: -INFINITY
native_color: prim_fs_drbd_r0 allocation score on sunhb65277: -INFINITY
native_color: prim_hawk allocation score on sunhb58820: -INFINITY
native_color: prim_hawk allocation score on sunhb65277: -INFINITY
clone_color: ms_drbd_r0 allocation score on sunhb58820: 0
clone_color: ms_drbd_r0 allocation score on sunhb65277: 0
clone_color: prim_drbd_r0:0 allocation score on sunhb58820: 0
clone_color: prim_drbd_r0:0 allocation score on sunhb65277: 0
clone_color: prim_drbd_r0:1 allocation score on sunhb58820: 0
clone_color: prim_drbd_r0:1 allocation score on sunhb65277: 0
native_color: prim_drbd_r0:0 allocation score on sunhb58820: -INFINITY
native_color: prim_drbd_r0:0 allocation score on sunhb65277: -INFINITY
native_color: prim_drbd_r0:1 allocation score on sunhb58820: -INFINITY
native_color: prim_drbd_r0:1 allocation score on sunhb65277: -INFINITY
prim_drbd_r0:0 promotion score on none: 0
prim_drbd_r0:1 promotion score on none: 0

When the score is -INFINITY, the resource can't run on both nodes. Yes ?
What means native_color and clone_color ? I read something about different functions in the allocation ?
Why are the values different ? Is the score changing depending on the time ?
And why is there a prim_drbd_r0:0 and a prim_drbd_r0:1 ?

Thanks.

Bernd

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Dr. Alfons Enhsen, Renate Schlusen (komm.)
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671