[ClusterLabs] Two node Active/Active Asterisk+GFS2+DLM+fence_xvm Cluster

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Fri Jul 15 03:35:52 EDT 2016

TEG AMJG <tegamjg at gmail.com> writes:

> Dear list
>
> I am quite new to PaceMaker and i am configuring a two node active/active
> cluster which consist basically on something like this:
>
> I am using pcsd Pacemaker/Corosync:
>
>  Clone Set: dlm-clone [dlm]
>      Started: [ pbx1vs3 pbx2vs3 ]
>  Clone Set: asteriskfs-clone [asteriskfs]
>      Started: [ pbx1vs3 pbx2vs3 ]
>  Clone Set: asterisk-clone [asterisk]
>      Started: [ pbx1vs3 pbx2vs3 ]
>  fence_pbx2_xvm    (stonith:fence_xvm):    Started pbx1vs3
>  fence_pbx1_xvm    (stonith:fence_xvm):    Started pbx2vs3
>  Clone Set: clvmd-clone [clvmd]
>      Started: [ pbx1vs3 pbx2vs3]
>
> Now my problem is that, for example, when i fence one of the nodes, the
> other one restarts every clone resource and start them back again, same
> thing happens when i stop pacemaker and corosync in one node only (pcs
> cluster stop). That would mean that if i have a problem in one of my
> Asterisk (for example in DLM resource or CLVMD) that would require fencing
> right away, for example node pbx2vs3, the other node (pbx1vs3) will restart
> every service which will drop all my calls in a well functioning node.

The pcsd output doesn't really give any hint as to what your
configuration looks like, but it sounds like the issue may be not setting
interleave=true for a clone which other resources depend on. See this
article for more information:

https://www.hastexo.com/resources/hints-and-kinks/interleaving-pacemaker-clones/

Cheers,
Kristoffer