[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: Re: Antw: RES: Pacemaker and OCFS2 on stand alone mode

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Jul 12 15:19:27 EDT 2016

On 07/12/2016 01:16 AM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Nachricht <578486E3.3030202 at gmail.com>:
> in
>>> 18:57 in

>>> host

>>> You could see a message if that were the case; otherwise the cluster
> should
>>> assume the node was killed after the stonith timeout.
>>>

>> I sincerely hope you do not really mean it. If stonith timed out,
>> cluster cannot assume absolutely anything and definitely *NOT* that node
>> was killed.
>
> What I mean is: there is no "success status" for STONITH; it is assumed that
> the node will be down after issuing a successful stonith command. You are
> claiming your stonith command was not logging any error, so the cluster will
> assume STONITH was successful after a timeout.

Fence agents do return success/failure; the cluster considers a timeout
to be a failure. The only time the cluster assumes a successful fence is
when sbd-based watchdog is in use.

DRBD and pacemaker do coordinate fencing, if configured to do so. The
DRBD config syntax varies by version, so check the docs on www.drbd.org
for the version you're using. There's a chapter on pacemaker integration.