[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Pacemaker not always selecting the right stonith device

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 15:16:00 UTC 2016

On 07/21/2016 08:49 AM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> <d82b1b0b-cfde-d478-4287-36b4a81631ac at redhat.com>:
>
> [...]
>> You're right -- if not told otherwise, Pacemaker will query the device
>> for the target list. In this case, the output of "stonith_admin -l"
> In sles11 SP4 I see the following (surprising) output:
> "stonith_admin -l" shows the usage message
> "stonith_admin -l any" shows the configured devices, independently whether the given name is part of the cluster or no. Even if that host does not exist at all the same list is displayed:
>  prm_stonith_sbd:0
>  prm_stonith_sbd
>
> Is that the way it's meant to be?

This seems to be the behavior you get when you didn't define a
'pcmk-host-list' and
'dynamic-list' isn't supported either.
So the device will probably be used for fencing anything and it will be
left to the device
to fail then.
So the answer is not that wrong - might work - we just can't tell unless
you try...