[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker not always selecting the right stonith device

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Wed Jul 20 09:52:39 UTC 2016

On 07/19/2016 06:54 PM, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> 19.07.2016 19:01, Andrei Borzenkov пишет:

>>> guess it worked at the times when pacemaker did fencing via
>>> cluster-glue-code...
>>> A grep for "gethosts" doesn't return much for current pacemaker-sources
>>> apart
>>> from some leftovers in cts.
>> Oh oh ... this sounds like a bug, no?
>>
> Apparently of all cluster-glue agents only ec2 supports both old and new
> variants
>
>         gethosts|hostlist|list)
>                 # List of names we know about
>
> all others use gethosts. Not sure whether it is something to fix in
> pacemaker or cluster-glue.
Haven't dealt with legacy-fencing for a while so degradation of in-memory
information + development in pacemaker create a portion of uncertainty
in what I'm saying ;-)
What you could try is adding "<action name="list" />" to
/usr/sbin/fence_legacy
to convince pacemaker to even try asking the external Linux-HA stonith
plugin.
Unfortunately I currently don't have a setup (no cluster-glue stuff) I could
quickly experiment with legacy-fencing.