[ClusterLabs] can't start/stop a drbd resource with pacemaker

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Wed Jul 13 12:25:20 UTC 2016

"Lentes, Bernd" <bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de> writes:

> Starting or stopping drbd with start/stop does not work neither for the ms ressource nor for the primitive.
> If i try to stop it keeps running. Also if i do a cleanup before (for both resources).
> Which resource should i stop first ? The primitive or the ms ?

You should always act on the container, so the ms in this case (or the
clone, or the group).

> I tried both, but none worked. Other resources, like an ip, can start/stop with crm.
> When i change the target-role of of the primitive via "crm configure edit" and commit that, it starts/stops immediately.
> But that can't be the prefered way to start/stop a drbd resource ?

All crm resource stop <resource> does is set the target-role... so there
is something else going on.

> If you need more information ask me.

You can run crm with the -d argument to get more information about what
it does, and -dR to get a full trace of all the commands it executes.

Grepping the logs on the DC node (see crm status output) will probably
get you more hints as well.

Finally, you can run "crm report" or hb_report to collect and analyse
the logs on all your nodes, to get a better overview of what is going on
in the cluster.

But really, I would recommend looking at a tutorial or guide for setting
up DRBD in a pacemaker cluster, as there are multiple steps that have to
be correct for it to work.

Cheers,
Kristoffer