[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: Doing reload right

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Jul 5 14:57:22 UTC 2016

On 07/04/2016 02:01 AM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> For the case of changing the contents of an external configuration file, the
> RA would have to provide some reloadable dummy parameter then (maybe like
> "config_generation=2").

That is a widely recommended approach for the current "reload"
implementation, but I don't think it's desirable. It still does not
distinguish changes in the Pacemaker resource configuration from changes
in the service configuration.

For example, of an RA has one parameter that is agent-reloadable and
another that is service-reloadable, and it gets a "reload" action, it
has no way of knowing which of the two (or both) changed. It would have
to always reload all agent-reloadable parameters, and trigger a service
reload. That seems inefficient to me. Also, only Pacemaker should
trigger agent reloads, and only the user should trigger service reloads,
so combining them doesn't make sense to me.