[ClusterLabs] "After = syslog.service" it is not working?

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Thu Jan 28 10:16:16 EST 2016

On 01/28/2016 12:48 AM, 飯田 雄介 wrote:
> Hi, All
>
> I am building a cluster in the following environments.
> RHEL7.2
> Pacemaker-1.1.14
>
> The OS while it is running the Pacemaker was allowed to shutdown.
> Logs at this time Pacemaker in the stop was not output to the syslog.
>
> This "After = syslog.service" does not work is set to start-up script, it seems pacemaker and rsyslog is stopped at the same time.
>
> Because I think it's rsyslog.service In RHEL7, whether this setting should not be the "After = rsyslog.service"?
>
> Regards, Yusuke

The "After = syslog.service" line neither helps nor hurts, and we should
just take it out.

For a long time (and certainly in RHEL 7's systemd version 219), systemd
automatically orders the system log to start before and stop after other
services, so I don't think that's the cause of your problem.

I'm not sure what would cause that behavior; can you post the messages
that are logged once shutdown is initiated?