[ClusterLabs] Wait until resource is really ready before moving clusterip

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Jan 26 10:32:21 EST 2016

On 01/26/2016 05:06 AM, Joakim Hansson wrote:
> Thanks for the help guys.
> I ended up patching together my own RA from the Delay and Dummy RA's and
> using curl to request the header of solr's ping request handler on
> localhost, which made the resource start return a bit more dynamic.
> However, now I have another problem which I don't think is related to my RA.
> For some reason when failing over the nodes, the ClusterIP (vIP below)
> seems to avoid the node running the fencing agent:
>
> pcs status
>
> Online: [ node01 node02 ]
> OFFLINE: [ node03 ]
>
> Full list of resources:
>
>  VMWare-fence   (stonith:fence_vmware_soap):    Started node02
>  Clone Set: dlm-clone [dlm]
>      Started: [ node01 node02 ]
>      Stopped: [ node03 ]
>  Clone Set: GFS2-clone [GFS2] (unique)
>      GFS2:0     (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem):    Started node01
>      GFS2:1     (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem):    Stopped
>      GFS2:2     (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem):    Started node02
>  Clone Set: Tomcat-clone [Tomcat]
>      Started: [ node02 ]
>      Stopped: [ node01 node03 ]
>  vIP    (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2): Stopped
>
> Notice how the tomcat-clone is started on node02 but the vIP remains
> stopped.
> If I start the fence agent on any of the other nodes the same thing happens
> (ie, vIP avoiding the fencing node)
> Any idea why this happens?
>
> Output of 'pcs config show':
> https://github.com/apepojken/pacemaker/blob/master/Config

I notice you have mutliple ordering constraints but only one colocation
constraint. That means, for example, that tomcat-clone must be started
after GFS2, but it does not have to be on the same node. I'm pretty sure
you want colocation constraints as well, to make them start on the same
node.

FYI, a group is like a shorthand for ordering and constraint constraints
for multiple resources that need to be kept together and started/stopped
in order.

I also see you have globally-unique=true on GFS2-clone. You probably do
not want this. globally-unique=false (the default) is more common, and
means that all clone instances are interchangeable, and is usually
configured with clone-node-max=1, because only one instance is ever
needed on any one node. globally-unique=true means that each clone
instance handles a different subset of requests, and is usually
configured with clone-node-max > 1 so that multiple clone instances can
run on a single node if needed.

I don't see from that alone why vIP wouldn't start, but take care of the
above issues first, and see what the behavior is then.