[ClusterLabs] DLM hanging when corosync is OK causes cluster to hang

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Tue Jan 19 20:04:24 EST 2016

On 11/01/16 11:59 -0500, Digimer wrote:
>   We hit a strange problem where a RAID controller on a node failed,
> causing DLM (gfs2/clvmd) to hang, but the node was never fenced. I
> assume this was because corosync was still working.
>
>   Is there a way in rhel6/cman/rgmanager to have a node suicide or get
> fenced in a condition like this?

something like this in the crontab (beside cron and other components
are now the SPOF and I/O spike or DoS will finish the apocalypse)?

*/1 * * * * timeout 30s touch <file on respective fs> || fence_node <myself>

Sophistications at the components you mentioned might be preferred,
though.

--
Jan (Poki)