[ClusterLabs] GFS2 with Pacemaker, Corosync on Ubuntu 14.04

Momcilo Medic medicmomcilo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 10:14:57 EST 2016

Dear all,

I am trying to setup GFS2 on two Ubuntu 14.04 servers.
Every guide I can find online is for 12.04 by using cman package which
was abandoned in 13.10

So, I tried using Pacemaker with Corosync as instructed on your guide [1].
In this guide pcs is used which is not available in Ubuntu so I am
translating commands to crmsh.

I installed everything and noticed bad packaging on DLM which have
wrong init scripts. I reported [2] this bug to Ubuntu.
This also might cause DLM not finding the /dev/misc/dlm-control device
(which is actually located at /dev/dlm-control).

This is the output that I am getting:
# dlm_controld -D
769887 dlm_controld 4.0.1 started
769887 our_nodeid 739311650
769897 cannot find device /dev/misc/dlm-control with minor 52
769897 shutdown
769897 /sys/kernel/config/dlm/cluster/comms: opendir failed: 2
769897 /sys/kernel/config/dlm/cluster/spaces: opendir failed: 2

# lsmod | grep dlm
dlm                   156389  1 gfs2
sctp                  247248  3 dlm
configfs               35358  2 dlm

# ls -hal /dev/dlm*
crw------- 1 root root 10, 52 Jan 14 17:55 /dev/dlm-control
crw------- 1 root root 10, 51 Jan 14 17:55 /dev/dlm-monitor
crw------- 1 root root 10, 50 Jan 14 17:55 /dev/dlm_plock

I checked man dlm, man dlm.conf, man dlm_controld but didn't find
anywhere an option to specify device location.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

[1] http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-crmsh/html-single/Clusters_from_Scratch/index.html#_install_the_cluster_software
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dlm/+bug/1535242

Kind regards,