[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker shows false status of a resource and doesn't react on OCF_NOT_RUNNING rc.

Bogdan Dobrelya bdobrelia at mirantis.com
Tue Jan 19 08:07:56 EST 2016

On 19.01.2016 13:49, Kostiantyn Ponomarenko wrote:
> One of resources in my cluster is not actually running, but "crm_mon"
> shows it with the "Started" status.
> Its resource agent's monitor function returns "$OCF_NOT_RUNNING", but
> Pacemaker doesn't react on this anyhow - crm_mon show the resource as
> Started.
> I couldn't find an explanation to this behavior, so I suppose it is a
> bug, is it?

It should be the case. Would be nice to dump CIB and collect debug
details as folks described before, with the USR1, USR2 and TRAP signals.
I googled only this [0], may be there is more detailed guide
exist.

Then, you may want to apply the shell bomb fix to the ocf-shell-funcs
from the resource-agents [1] and check how monitors behave with the
trace_ra=1 set for the affected resource. Though, I'm not sure if these
would not "reset" the reproduced issue.

[0] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.highavailability.pacemaker/17163
[1] https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/issues/734

> Thank you,