[ClusterLabs] Wait until resource is really ready before moving clusterip

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Tue Jan 12 08:57:54 EST 2016

Joakim Hansson <joakim.hansson87 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi!
> I have a cluster running tomcat which in turn run solr.
> I use three nodes with loadbalancing via ipaddr2.
> The thing is, when tomcat is started on a node it takes about 2 minutes
> before solr is functioning correctly.
>
> Is there a way to make the ipaddr2-clone wait 2 minutes after tomcat is
> started before it moves the ip to the node?
>
> Much appreciated!

Hi,

There is the ocf:heartbeat:Delay resource agent, which on one hand is
documented as a test resource, but on the other hand should do what you
need:

primitive solr ...
primitive two-minute-delay ocf:heartbeat:Delay \
  params startdelay=120 meta target-role=Started \
  op start timeout=180
group solr-then-wait solr two-minute-delay

Now the group acts basically like the solr resource, except for the
two-minute delay after starting solr before the group itself is
considered started.

Cheers,
Kristoffer