[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker 1.1.14 released
kgaillot at redhat.com
Thu Jan 14 16:49:15 EST 2016
ClusterLabs is proud to announce the latest release of the Pacemaker
cluster resource manager, version 1.1.14. The source code is available at:
This version introduces some valuable new features:
* Resources will now start as soon as their state has been confirmed on
all nodes and all dependencies have been satisfied, rather than waiting
for the state of all resources to be confirmed. This allows for faster
startup of some services, and more even startup load.
* Fencing topology levels can now be applied to all nodes whose name
matches a configurable pattern, or that have a configurable node attribute.
* When a fencing topology level has multiple devices, reboots are now
automatically mapped to all-off-then-all-on, allowing much simplified
configuration of redundant power supplies.
* Guest nodes can now be included in groups, which simplifies the common
Pacemaker Remote use case of a grouping a storage device, filesystem and VM.
* Clone resources have a new clone-min metadata option, specifying that
a certain number of instances must be running before any dependent
resources can run. This is particularly useful for services behind a
virtual IP and haproxy, as is often done with OpenStack.
As usual, the release includes many bugfixes and minor enhancements. For
a more detailed list of changes, see the change log:
Feedback is invited and welcome.
Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com>
More information about the Users