[ClusterLabs] STONITH interrupting pacemaker yum upgrades

Richard Stevenson richard at delta-m.co.uk
Fri Feb 19 10:43:54 EST 2016

Hi,

I'm having trouble updating pacemaker on a small 3 node cluster. All nodes
are running Centos 7, and I'm upgrading via a simple `yum upgrade`.
Whenever I attempt to do this the node is fenced when yum attempts to clean
up the old pacemaker package - restarted by STONITH in this case.

Updating pacemaker is a common requirement, is there a recommended process
to upgrade pacemaker without taking out the node, or should I remove the
node before upgrading HA components?

Thanks,
Richard Stevenson