[ClusterLabs] fence agent and using it with pacemaker

Stanislav Kopp staskopp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 14:56:15 UTC 2016

HI again,

I think I've sorted it out, correct me if I'm wrong.

- "fence-agents" are RHCS compatible fence agents (for using with
RGmanager originally?) located in /usr/sbin/fence_*,

- "cluster-glue" provides agents compatible with pacemaker, they re
located in "/usr/lib/stonith/plugins/"

"fence_pve" [1] agent looks like RHCS agent, so it doesn't work
out-of-box with pacemaker, but like Dejan hints, it's possible to use
rhcs "adapter" to use RH fencing agent in pacemaker. Unfortunally I
don't have

/usr/lib{,64}/stonith/plugins/rhcs directory in Debian (only rhcs.so
lib), can't find it via "yum provides" in Centos 7 either.

Is there some documentation how to use RHCS fence agent with pacemaker
esp. with crmsh examples?

Best,
Stan

[1] https://github.com/ClusterLabs/fence-agents/blob/master/fence/agents/pve/fence_pve.py