[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: crmsh configure delete for constraints

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Wed Feb 10 09:31:24 UTC 2016

10.02.2016 11:38, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Nachricht <6E479808-6362-4932-B2C6-348C7EFC4020 at hoster-ok.com>:
>
> [...]
>> Well, I'd reword. Generally, RA should not exit with error if validation
>> fails on stop.
>> Is that better?
> [...]
>
> As we have different error codes, what type of error?

Any which makes pacemaker to think resource stop op failed.
OCF_ERR_* particularly.

If pacemaker has got an error on start, it will run stop with the same
set of parameters anyways. And will get error again if that one was from
validation and RA does not differentiate validation for start and stop.
And then circular fencing over the whole cluster is triggered for no reason.

Of course, for safety, RA could save its state if start was successful
and skip validation on stop only if that state is not found. Otherwise
removed binary or config file would result in resource running on
several nodes.

Well, this all seems to be very complicated to make some general
algorithm ;)