[ClusterLabs] crmsh configure delete for constraints

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Tue Feb 9 13:31:59 UTC 2016

Vladislav Bogdanov <bubble at hoster-ok.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> when performing a delete operation, crmsh (2.2.0) having -F tries
> to stop passed op arguments and then waits for DC to become idle.

Hi again,

I have pushed a fix that only waits for DC if any resources were
actually stopped: https://github.com/ClusterLabs/crmsh/commit/164aa48

> More, it may be worth checking stop-orphan-resources property and pass stop
> work to pacemaker if it is set to true.

I am a bit concerned that this might not be 100% reliable. I found an
older discussion regarding this and the recommendation from David Vossel
then was to always make sure resources were stopped before removing
them, and not relying on stop-orphan-resources to clean things up
correctly. His example of when this might not work well is when removing
a group, as the group members might get stopped out-of-order.

At the same time, I have thought before that the current functionality
is not great. Having to stop resources before removing them is if
nothing else annoying! I have a tentative change proposal to this where
crmsh would stop the resources even if --force is not set, and there
would be a flag to pass to stop to get it to ignore whether resources
are running, since that may be useful if the resource is misconfigured
and the stop action doesn't work.

Thanks,
Kristoffer

--