[ClusterLabs] Random failure with clone of IPaddr2

alian at amisw.com alian at amisw.com
Mon Dec 19 15:36:18 EST 2016

> Maybe I'm missing something here, and if so, my apologies, but to me it
> looks like you are trying to put the same IP address on three different
> machines.... SIMULTANEOUSLY.

Yes it what I do. But it's seem normal for me, I just follow guide like
http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-pcs/html/Clusters_from_Scratch/_clone_the_ip_address.html

and work fine in a 2 nodes configurations. For me, this work with arp
multicast, who give same "virtual" arp to different hosts, and work with
iptable CLUSTERIP special rule (in very shortcut). But may be I totally
misunderstand the stuff, but I work fine with that for the last 4 years so
... ?