[ClusterLabs] [pacemaker+ clvm] Cluster lvm must be active exclusively to create snapshot

su liu liusu8788 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 01:16:56 EST 2016

Thank you very much.

Because I am new to pacemaker, and I have checked the docs that additional
devices are needed when configing stonith, but now I does not have it in my
environment.

I will see how to config it afterward.

Now I want to know how the cluster LVM works. Thank you for your patience
explanation.

The scene is:

controller node + compute1 node

I mount a SAN to both controller and compute1 node. Then I run a pacemaker
+ corosync + clvmd cluster:

[root at controller ~]# pcs status --full
Cluster name: mycluster
Last updated: Tue Dec  6 14:09:59 2016 Last change: Mon Dec  5 21:26:02
2016 by root via cibadmin on controller
Stack: corosync
Current DC: compute1 (2) (version 1.1.13-10.el7_2.4-44eb2dd) - partition
with quorum
2 nodes and 4 resources configured

Online: [ compute1 (2) controller (1) ]

Full list of resources:

 Clone Set: dlm-clone [dlm]
     dlm (ocf::pacemaker:controld): Started compute1
     dlm (ocf::pacemaker:controld): Started controller
     Started: [ compute1 controller ]
 Clone Set: clvmd-clone [clvmd]
     clvmd (ocf::heartbeat:clvm): Started compute1
     clvmd (ocf::heartbeat:clvm): Started controller
     Started: [ compute1 controller ]

Node Attributes:
* Node compute1 (2):
* Node controller (1):

Migration Summary:
* Node compute1 (2):
* Node controller (1):

PCSD Status:
  controller: Online
  compute1: Online

Daemon Status:
  corosync: active/disabled
  pacemaker: active/disabled
  pcsd: active/enabled

step 2:

I create a cluster VG:cinder-volumes:

[root at controller ~]# vgdisplay
  --- Volume group ---
  VG Name               cinder-volumes
  System ID
  Format                lvm2
  Metadata Areas        1
  Metadata Sequence No  44
  VG Access             read/write
  VG Status             resizable
  Clustered             yes
  Shared                no
  MAX LV                0
  Cur LV                0
  Open LV               0
  Max PV                0
  Cur PV                1
  Act PV                1
  VG Size               1000.00 GiB
  PE Size               4.00 MiB
  Total PE              255999
  Alloc PE / Size       0 / 0
  Free  PE / Size       255999 / 1000.00 GiB
  VG UUID               aLamHi-mMcI-2NsC-Spjm-QWZr-MzHx-pPYSTt

[root at controller ~]#

Step 3 :

I create a LV and I want it can be seen and accessed on the compute1 node
but it is failed:

[root at controller ~]# lvcreate --name test001 --size 1024m cinder-volumes
  Logical volume "test001" created.
[root at controller ~]#
[root at controller ~]#
[root at controller ~]# lvs
  LV      VG             Attr       LSize Pool Origin Data%  Meta%  Move
Log Cpy%Sync Convert
  test001 cinder-volumes -wi-a----- 1.00g

[root at controller ~]#
[root at controller ~]#
[root at controller ~]# ll /dev/cinder-volumes/test001
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 Dec  6 14:13 /dev/cinder-volumes/test001 -> ../dm-0

I can access it on the contrller node, but on the comput1 node, I can see
it with lvs command .but cant access it with ls command, because it is not
exists on the /dev/cinder-volumes directory:

[root at compute1 ~]# lvs
  LV      VG             Attr       LSize Pool Origin Data%  Meta%  Move
Log Cpy%Sync Convert
  test001 cinder-volumes -wi------- 1.00g

[root at compute1 ~]#
[root at compute1 ~]#
[root at compute1 ~]# ll /dev/cinder-volumes
ls: cannot access /dev/cinder-volumes: No such file or directory
[root at compute1 ~]#
[root at compute1 ~]#
[root at compute1 ~]# lvscan
  inactive          '/dev/cinder-volumes/test001' [1.00 GiB] inherit
[root at compute1 ~]#

Is something error with my configuration besides stonith?  Could you help
me?  thank you very much.