[ClusterLabs] Random failure with clone of IPaddr2

Israel Brewster israel at ravnalaska.net
Mon Dec 19 20:20:27 UTC 2016

Maybe I'm missing something here, and if so, my apologies, but to me it looks like you are trying to put the same IP address on three different machines.... SIMULTANEOUSLY. This will never work from a networking standpoint - it has nothing to do with pacemaker, etc, other than that it is responsible for creating the situation (since you told it to). The three machines will constantly be arguing over who is really responding to that IP address. Depending on your network hardware and IP stack, the result may vary, but "random failures" is a good description of the behavior I would expect.

A given IP address should be assigned to one, and only one, machine at any given time. Feel free to move it around to other machines at will, but it should never be active on more than one machine (on a given network segment) at any given time, or you *will* have issues. As such, a clone set is not good for use with an IPAddr resource.

Israel Brewster
Systems Analyst II
Ravn Alaska
5245 Airport Industrial Rd