[ClusterLabs] [cluster-lab] reboot standby node

Omar Jaber omarj at mellanox.com
Sun Dec 11 17:19:57 EST 2016

Hi all ,
I have cluster contains three  nodes  with different sore  for location  constrain and  I have  group resource (it's a service  exsists  in /etc/init.d/  folder)
Running  on the  node  the  have  the highest score  for   location constrain when I  try to  reboot one  of  the standby node    I  see when the standby node become  up  the resource  stopped  in master node and restart again    after  I check the  pacemaker  status  I see the following error  :
"error: resource  'resource_name' is active on 2 nodes attempting recovery "
Then I disables the  pcs  cluster  service in boot t time in standby node by run the command  " pcs cluster disable  " then I reboot the node  and I  see the resource  is started in standby node ( because  the resource  stored in /etc/init.d folder)
After that I  run the  pcs cluster  service  in standby node  and  I see the same  error is  generated
"error: resource  'resource_name' is active on 2 nodes attempting recovery "

The problem  is  without reboot standby node this  problem not  happen for  example
If  I stop pcs  cluster service  in standby , run the  resource  in standby node , then I start  pcs cluster
The error   "error: resource  'resource_name' is active on 2 nodes attempting recovery "   not  generated in this case.

Thanks