[ClusterLabs] ocf scripts shell and local variables

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Tue Aug 30 13:32:36 EDT 2016

On 08/30/2016 11:15 AM, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:

> I suppose that it is explained in enough detail here:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shebang_(Unix)

I expect you're being deliberately obtuse.

It does not explain which program loader interprets line 1 of findif.sh:
"#!/bin/sh" when it is invoked from line 69 of IPAddr2 RA:

. ${OCF_FUNCTIONS_DIR}/findif.sh

https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/blob/master/heartbeat/IPaddr2
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/blob/master/heartbeat/findif.sh

Similarly, I have not read the code so I don't know who invokes IPArrd2
and how exactly they do it. If you tell me it makes the kernel look at
the magic number and spawn whatever shell's specified there, I believe you.

> As already mentioned elsewhere in the thread, local is supported
> in most shell implementations and without it we otherwise
> wouldn't to be able to maintain software. Not sure where local
> originates, but wouldn't bet that it's bash.

Well 2 out of 3 is "most", can't argue with that.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin