[ClusterLabs] ocf scripts shell and local variables

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Tue Aug 30 12:15:49 EDT 2016

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 10:08:00AM -0500, Dmitri Maziuk wrote:
> On 2016-08-30 03:44, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
>
> >The kernel reads the shebang line and it is what defines the
> >interpreter which is to be invoked to run the script.
>
> Yes, and does the kernel read when the script is source'd or executed via
> any of the mechanisms that have the executable specified in the call,
> explicitly or implicitly?

I suppose that it is explained in enough detail here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shebang_(Unix)

In particular:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shebang_(Unix)#Magic_number

> >None of /bin/sh RA requires bash.
>
> Yeah, only "local".

As already mentioned elsewhere in the thread, local is supported
in most shell implementations and without it we otherwise
wouldn't to be able to maintain software. Not sure where local
originates, but wouldn't bet that it's bash.

Thanks,

Dejan