[ClusterLabs] Error When Creating LVM Resource

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 26 14:09:43 EDT 2016

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 9:32 AM, Jason A Ramsey <jason at eramsey.org> wrote:

> Failed Actions:
>
> * gctvanas-lvm_start_0 on node1 'not running' (7): call=42,
> status=complete, exitreason='LVM: targetfs did not activate correctly',
>
>     last-rc-change='Fri Aug 26 10:57:22 2016', queued=0ms, exec=577ms
>
> * gctvanas-lvm_start_0 on node2 'unknown error' (1): call=34,
> status=complete, exitreason='Volume group [targetfs] does not exist or
> contains error!   Volume group "targetfs" not found',
>
>     last-rc-change='Fri Aug 26 10:57:21 2016', queued=0ms, exec=322ms

I think you need a colocation constraint to prevent it from trying to start
the LVM resource on the DRBD secondary node. I used to run LVM-over-DRBD
clusters but don't any more (switched to NFS backend storage), so I don't
remember the exact syntax, but you certainly don't want the LVM resource to
start on node2 at this point because it will certainly fail.

It may not be running on node1 because it failed on node2, so if you can
get the proper colocation constraint in place, things may work after you do
a resource cleanup. (I stand ready to be corrected by someone more
knowledgeable who can spot a configuration problem that I missed).

If you still get failure and the constraint is correct, then I would try
running the lvcreate command manually on the DRBD primary node to make sure
that works.

--Greg