[ClusterLabs] pacemaker validate-with

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Wed Aug 24 10:53:15 EDT 2016

Gabriele Bulfon <gbulfon at sonicle.com> writes:

> Hi,
> now I've got my pacemaker 1.1.14 and corosync 2.4.1 working together running an empty configuration of just 2 nodes.
> So I run crm configure but I get this error:
> ERROR: CIB not supported: validator 'pacemaker-2.4', release '3.0.10'
> ERROR: You may try the upgrade command
> ERROR: configure: Missing requirements
> Looking around I found this :
> http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/269635/cib-not-supported-validator-pacemaker-2-0-release-3-0-9
> but before going on this way, my questions are:
> - why does cib try validator of pacemaker-2.4 when latest pacemaker available is 1.1.15??
> - what is "release 3.0.10'? of what??
> - may I daliver any preconfigure configuration file to have it work fine with pacemaker 1.1.14??

'pacemaker-2.4' is the CIB schema version, while release '3.0.10' is the
crm_feature_set version. Most likely, you are getting this error because
the pacemaker version you have installed needs an updated CIB
configuration. These version numbers are not in sync with the pacemaker
release version number. Slightly confusing, but that is the way it is...

Cheers,
Kristoffer

--
// Kristoffer Grönlund