[ClusterLabs] data loss of network would cause Pacemaker exit abnormally

chenhj chjischj at 163.com
Tue Aug 30 18:58:27 UTC 2016

Hi,

This is a continuation of the email below(I did not subscrib this maillist)

http://clusterlabs.org/pipermail/users/2016-August/003838.html

>>From the above, I suspect that the node with the network loss was the
>DC, and from its point of view, it was the other node that went away.

Yes. the node with the network loss was DC(node2)

Could someone explain what's the following messges means, and
why pacemakerd process exit instead of rejoin to CPG group?

> Aug 27 12:33:59 [46849] node3 pacemakerd:    error: pcmk_cpg_membership:
>        We're not part of CPG group 'pacemakerd' anymore!

>> [root at node3 ~]# rpm -q corosync
>> corosync-1.4.1-7.el6.x86_64
>That is quite old ...
>> [root at node3 ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
>> CentOS release 6.3 (Final)
>> [root at node3 ~]# pacemakerd -F
> Pacemaker 1.1.14-1.el6 (Build: 70404b0)
>and I doubt that many people have tested Pacemaker 1.1.14 against
>corosync 1.4.1 ... quite far away from
>each other release-wise ...

pacemaker 1.1.14 + corosync-1.4.7 can also reproduced this probleam, but seems with lower probability.