[ClusterLabs] changing pacemaker.log location

Christopher Harvey cwh at eml.cc
Fri Aug 12 11:19:35 EDT 2016

I'm surprised I'm having such a hard time figuring this out on my own.
I'm running pacemaker 1.1.13 and corosync-2.3.4 and want to change the
location of pacemaker.log.

By default it is located in /var/log.

I looked in corosync.c and found the following lines:
        get_config_opt(config, local_handle, KEY_PREFIX "to_logfile",
        &logfile_enabled, "on");
        get_config_opt(config, local_handle, KEY_PREFIX "logfile",
        &logfile, "/var/log/pacemaker.log");
in mcp_read_config

I can't find any other documentation.

Here is my corosync.conf file.

totem {
  version: 2
  # Need a cluster name for now:
  #   https://github.com/corosync/corosync/issues/137
  cluster_name: temp
  crypto_cipher: aes256
  crypto_hash: sha512

  interface {
    ringnumber: 0
    bindnetaddr: 192.168.132.10
    mcastport: 5405
  }
  transport: udpu
  heartbeat_failures_allowed: 3
}

nodelist {
  node {
    ring0_addr: 192.168.132.25
    nodeid: 1
    name: a
  }

  node {
    ring0_addr: 192.168.132.21
    nodeid: 2
    name: b
  }

  node {
    ring0_addr: 192.168.132.10
    nodeid: 3
    name: c
  }
}

logging {
  # Log the source file and line where messages are being
  # generated. When in doubt, leave off. Potentially useful for
  # debugging.
  fileline: on
  # Log to standard error. When in doubt, set to no. Useful when
  # running in the foreground (when invoking 'corosync -f')
  to_stderr: no
  # Log to a log file. When set to 'no', the 'logfile' option
  # must not be set.
  to_logfile: yes
  logfile: /my/new/location/corosync.log
  # Log to the system log daemon. When in doubt, set to yes.
  to_syslog: yes
  # Log debug messages (very verbose). When in doubt, leave off.
  debug: off
  # Log messages with time stamps. When in doubt, set to on
  # (unless you are only logging to syslog, where double
  # timestamps can be annoying).
  timestamp: on
  logger_subsys {
    subsys: QUORUM