[ClusterLabs] Fencing with a 3-node (1 for quorum only) cluster

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Sun Aug 7 03:12:42 UTC 2016

On 2016-08-06 21:59, Digimer wrote:
> On 06/08/16 08:22 PM, Dan Swartzendruber wrote:
>> On 2016-08-06 19:46, Digimer wrote:
>>> On 06/08/16 07:33 PM, Dan Swartzendruber wrote:

(snip)

> What about using ipmitool directly? I can't imagine that such a long
> time is normal. Maybe there is a firmware update for the DRAC and/or
> BIOS? (I know with Fujitsu, they recommend updating the IPMI BMC and
> BIOS together).

Unfortunately, the R905 is EoL, so any updates are not likely.

> Over a minute to fence is, strictly speaking, OK. However, that's a
> significant delay in time to recover.

The thing that concerns me, though, is the delay in I/O for vsphere
clients.  I know 2 or more retries of 60 seconds caused issues.  I'm
going to try again with 5 20-second retries, and see how that works.  If
this doesn't cooperate, I may need to look into an PDU or something...