[ClusterLabs] Minimal metadata for fencing agent

Tomas Jelinek tojeline at redhat.com
Fri Aug 5 12:18:58 UTC 2016

Dne 5.8.2016 v 13:16 Maciej Kopczyński napsal(a):
> Thanks for your answer Thomas and sorry for messing up the layout of
> messages - I was trying to write from a mobile phone using gmail... I
> was able to put something up using what I found on the web and my own
> writing. My agent seems to do what it has to, except for sending
> proper metadata. I found the following information: "Output of
> fence_agent -o metadata should be validated by relax-ng schema
> (available at fence/agents/lib/metadata.rng)." Checked this location,
> but I am totally noob regarding to XML. There is a pretty extensive
> structure there, and what I need is to prepare a minimal agent to be
> used locally by me just to check if the whole thing makes sense at
> all.
>
> Do you have any idea as to what is the minimal set of XML data that
> fence agent has to send to stdout?

Hi,

Sorry, I don't really know that.

> Or any way to work around this?
> Just for testing purposes.

Did you try using --force with pcs when creating the stonith resource?
Like this:
pcs stonith create stonith_name external/libvirt --force

Or maybe some other fence agents would work for you, like fence_virt
which is available without cluster_glue.

Regards,
Tomas