[ClusterLabs] STONITH Fencing for Amazon EC2

Keisuke MORI keisuke.mori+ha at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 00:16:28 UTC 2016

external/ec2 might be usable which is a part of the cluster-glue package:

 http://hg.linux-ha.org/glue/
 http://hg.linux-ha.org/glue/file/103524e205ae/lib/plugins/stonith/external/ec2

I've tested it about a year ago and works fine, but the package is not
included in the standard CentOS distribution so you would need to
build it up by yourself.

> Is there some other [updated] fencing module I can use in this use case?
>
> --
>
> [ jR ]
>   M: +1 (703) 628-2621
>   @: jason at eramsey.org
>
>   there is no path to greatness; greatness is the path
>
> On 8/2/16, 11:59 AM, "Digimer" <lists at alteeve.ca> wrote:
>
>     On 02/08/16 10:02 AM, Jason A Ramsey wrote:
>     > I’ve found [oldish] references on the internet to a fencing module for Amazon EC2, but it doesn’t seem to be included in any the fencing yum packages for CentOS. Is this module not part of the canonical distribution? Is there something else I should be looking for?
>
>     I *think* it fell behind (fence_ec2, iirc). It might need to be picked
>     up, updated/tested and then it can be re-added to the official list.
>
>     I'm not 100% on this though, so if someone contradicts me, ignore me.
>
>     --
>     Digimer
>     Papers and Projects: https://alteeve.ca/w/
>     What if the cure for cancer is trapped in the mind of a person without
>     access to education?

>     Project Home: http://www.clusterlabs.org
>     Getting started: http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf
>     Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org