[ClusterLabs] Bloody Newbie needs help for OCFS2 on pacemaker+corosync+pcs

thl at it-hluchnik.de thl at it-hluchnik.de
Tue Aug 2 13:16:56 UTC 2016

Hello Kyle + all,

No luck at all. Cant get o2cb up at all. Please find details below. Thanks in advance for any help.

First I tried to translate your crm syntax to pcs syntax:

primitive p_o2cb lsb:o2cb \
        op monitor interval="10" timeout="30" \
        op start interval="0" timeout="120" \
        op stop interval="0" timeout="120"

  vvv

# pcs resource create ResO2CB lsb:o2cb \
        op monitor interval="10" timeout="30" \
        op start interval="0" timeout="120" \
        op stop interval="0" timeout="120"

Error: Unable to create resource 'lsb:o2cb', it is not installed on this system (use --force to override)

I checked my installation and found this:

# rpm -ql pacemaker | grep o2cb
/usr/share/man/man7/ocf_pacemaker_o2cb.7.gz

According this, I would expect /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/pacemaker/o2cb but there is no such script.

But I succeeded in:

# pcs resource create --force ResO2CB ocf:pacemaker:o2cb \
    op monitor interval="10" timeout="30" \
    op start interval="0" timeout="120" \
    op stop interval="0" timeout="120"

# pcs resource show
ResO2CB        (ocf::pacemaker:o2cb):  Stopped

Trying to debug-start:

# pcs resource debug-start ResO2CB
Error performing operation: Input/output error

# rpm -qi pacemaker
Name        : pacemaker
Version     : 1.1.13
Release     : 10.el7
Architecture: x86_64
Install Date: Sa 23 Jul 2016 15:23:51 CEST
Group       : System Environment/Daemons
Size        : 1400509
License     : GPLv2+ and LGPLv2+
Signature   : RSA/SHA256, Sa 21 Nov 2015 19:24:37 CET, Key ID 72f97b74ec551f03
Source RPM  : pacemaker-1.1.13-10.el7.src.rpm
Build Date  : Sa 21 Nov 2015 18:10:40 CET

It seems that o2cb script is missing in that RPM. Or did I miss to install any package?

Best Regards

Thomas Hluchnik