[ClusterLabs] Moving Related Servers

‪H Yavari‬ ‪ hyavari at rocketmail.com
Sun Apr 24 00:19:49 EDT 2016

Hi,
Thanks for your offer. I checked this and this is a amazing solution.So I defined two cluster :
testcluster1:App1App2resource : IP float
testcluster2:App3App4
resource : tomcat
I know that we need to grant a ticket and manage that with Booth. But I couldn't understand how should I define a ticket and relation of nodes and clusters with the ticket. I read the mentioned doc, but I missed up. Can you give me one example?

Thanks so.

      From: Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com>

On 04/20/2016 12:44 AM, ‪H Yavari‬ ‪ wrote:
> You got my situation right. But I couldn't find any method to do this?
>
> I should create one cluster with 4 node or 2 cluster with 2 node ? How I
> restrict the cluster nodes to each other!!?

Your last questions made me think of multi-site clustering using booth.
I think this might be the best solution for you.

You can configure two independent pacemaker clusters of 2 nodes each,
then use booth to ensure that one cluster has the resources at any time.
See:

http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-pcs/html-single/Pacemaker_Explained/index.html#idm140617279413776

This is usually done with clusters at physically separate locations, but
there's no problem with using it with two clusters in one location.

Alternatively, going along more traditional lines such as what Klaus and
I have mentioned, you could use rules and node attributes to keep the
resources where desired. You could write a custom resource agent that
would set a custom node attribute for the matching node (the start
action should set the attribute to 1, and the stop action should set the
attribute to 0; if the resource was on App 1, you'd set the attribute
for App 3, and if the resource was on App 4, you'd set the attribute for
App 4). Colocate that resource with your floating IP, and use a rule to
locate service X where the custom node attribute is 1. See:

http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-pcs/html-single/Pacemaker_Explained/index.html#ap-ocf

http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-pcs/html-single/Pacemaker_Explained/index.html#idm140617279376656

http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-pcs/html-single/Pacemaker_Explained/index.html#idm140617356537136

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org