[ClusterLabs] pacemaker apache and umask on CentOS 7

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Wed Apr 20 13:20:08 EDT 2016

On 04/20/2016 05:35 PM, fatcharly at gmx.de wrote:

>> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 20. April 2016 um 16:31 Uhr
>> Von: "Klaus Wenninger" <kwenning at redhat.com>
>> An: users at clusterlabs.org
>> Betreff: Re: [ClusterLabs] pacemaker apache and umask on CentOS 7
>>
>> On 04/20/2016 04:11 PM, fatcharly at gmx.de wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I´m running a 2-node apache webcluster on a fully patched CentOS 7 (pacemaker-1.1.13-10.el7_2.2.x86_64 pcs-0.9.143-15.el7.x86_64).
>>> Some files which are generated by the apache are created with a umask 137 but I need this files created with a umask of 117.
>>> To change this I first tried to add a umask 117 to /etc/sysconfig/httpd & rebooted the system. This had no effekt.
>>> So I found out (after some research) that this is not working under CentOS 7 and that this had to be changed via systemd.
>>> So I created a directory "/etc/systemd/system/httpd.service.d" and put there a "umask.conf"-File with this content:
>>> [Service]
>>> UMask=0117
>>>
>>> Again I rebooted the system but no effekt.
>>> Is the pacemaker really starting the apache over the systemd ? And how can I solve the problem ?
>> Didn't check with CentOS7 but on RHEL7 there is a
>> /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/apache.
>> So it depends on how you defined the resource starting apache if systemd
>> is used or if it being done by the ocf-ra.
> MY configuration is:
> Resource: apache (class=ocf provider=heartbeat type=apache)
>   Attributes: configfile=/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf statusurl=http://127.0.0.1:8089/server-status
>   Operations: start interval=0s timeout=40s (apache-start-timeout-40s)
>               stop interval=0s timeout=60s (apache-stop-timeout-60s)
>               monitor interval=1min (apache-monitor-interval-1min)
>
> So I quess it is ocf. But what will be the right way to do it ? I lack a bit of understandig about this /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/apache file.

There are the ocf-Resource-Agents (if there is none you can always
create one for your service) which usually
give you a little bit more control of the service from the cib. (You can
set a couple of variables like in this example
the pointer to the config-file)
And of course you can always create resources referring the native
services of your distro (systemd-units in
this case).